Are the trucks manual or automatic transmission?
- Both trucks are automatic.
How big are the trucks?
- The trucks are 4.5 tonne vehicles. The pantechs are around 20 cubic metres in capacity. The cabins comfortably seat 3 adults.
Do I have to lift all my goods up into the truck?
- No. There is a 500kg hydraulic lift on the rear of both vehicles.
What type of licence do I need to drive the truck?
- You just need a standard car licence. However you need to be on your full licence. The vehicles cannot be driven by people still on their provisional licence (P-plates).
How old do I have to be?
- You need to be at least 25 years of age to drive the truck.
How much does it cost to hire?
- The daily hire rate (24 hours) is just $149 a day.
- We also offer a short term hire rate of $99 for 4 hours.
- You will also pay 40 cents per kilometre. This is inclusive of running costs so you do not need to refuel vehicle prior to return.
Do you provide a trolley and straps to help move and secure my goods?
- Yes. Inside the pantech you will find a heavy duty fridge trolley, tie down straps and felt furniture blankets. There is no additional charge for these items.
How far can I take the truck?
- The trucks can be used within a 400km radius of our Blaxland facility.
Do I have to pay a deposit or rental bond?
- When you sign the rental agreement you will need to choose the insurance excess you would pay in the event the truck is damaged whilst in your possession.
- We then require a credit card pre-authority for this amount. This is not a transfer of funds or charge to your credit card. It simply means the funds are ‘reserved’ for us in the event the truck is damaged during your hire. We have two insurance options.
- Option 1: In the event of a damage to the vehicle you would be liable for the first $2500. There is no additional fee if you take this option. If you choose this option we will process a pre-authority against your credit card for $2500.
- Option 2 – Excess Reduction: In the event of damage to the vehicle you would be liable for the first $400. To take this option you will need to pay a $44 fee. If you choose this option we will process a pre-authority against your credit card for $400.
- The credit card holder must be present in our office when the pre-authority is processed.